free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 27 June 2016

ABC-Wednesday-18-Y


***
ABC-Wednesday

by

Mrs. Nesbitt

Round 18

Y



Hello and good morning, -afternoon, -evening, dear people who all participate is this wonderful photomeme, which is a joy to me, week after week, after week.

I’m always curious to what you come up with!

The challenging letter of this week is the Y and i've chosen the word:  Yearn

This isn't one of the easiest letters, is it?
After looking at the (to be honest, very short, list with Y-words) nothing popped up to my mind. An extra difficulty ofcourse, is the fact that the English language is not my native one.
In that second I realised that I had found my word. Yearning; for a more open mind, better and clearer head to come up with something sensable to write about in this intro.

Yearning...a feeling we all know, I think.
That what we yearn for differs from one person to another but aren't we all also yearning for the same things? Beeing healthy, happy, satisfied and even 'rich' in terms of wealth.
Overhere in The Netherlands we have a saying:
"Gezonde mensen hebben 1000 wensen, zieke mensen hebben er maar 1."
Translated it says: "Healthy people have 1000 wishes, sick people only have one"
The yearning for all things becomes little and far less important if one struggles with health-issues.

But still....the 'other' yearnings...  I have them  too...
One of which I very recently got fullfilled. After saving for a long time, I was able to buy the camera I've yearned for for a very long time. That made, still makes, me happy; the second yearning in the same row. Another thing I yearn for is that september the 30th soon will be here so my favorite people start performing in the theaters again. I also yearn for the autumn because I truly don't like the summertime. I (ofcourse) could name lots and lots of yearnings more...

My last yearning for this post is for you to share your yearnings with us....


 Have a nice ABC-Wednesday-day / - week
♫ M e l o d y ♫ (ABC-W-team)





18 comments:

  1. I hear you, Melody! Yearning for something is a very human attribute and we all yearn for many things...
    My "Y" shows a YACHT in deep blue seas, for which I am yearning right now in a wintry Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice Nick, thank you. Wonderful that you understand what i mean.

      I saw it already... never been on one

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. like i wrote... with sour cream and bacon

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I saw it...never been there ...but maybe someday i will

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Indeed it was ;-)

      Why do you blog on 3 blogs I wonder ...

      Delete
  5. Great post. I yearn to learn to play one or two songs on the cello. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Su-sieee

      What a lovely yearning, and one within reach... go for it!

      Delete
  6. The yearnings you posted are truly universal. In Mexico there's a toast that says, "Salud, Dinero Y Amor" (Health, Money and Love). Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they are, sadly enough. Nobody should need to know those yearnings.

      Money... We've never had to much of it, on the contrary to be honest, but we've never minded that. Its not something we see as important enough to worrie about.

      Blessings back to you!

      Delete
  7. Yearning is a positive word in the sense that if you yearn for obtaining something good,you'll certainly work for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And right you are Uppal! To obtain that what one strives for makes it all worth while

      Delete
  8. powerful.

    http://composetosmelltherose.blogspot.com/2016/07/ruby-tuesday-sunday-whirl-shadow-shot.html

    ReplyDelete